Python Programming Fundamentals
Python is primarily used for software development. Guido Van Rossum created Python in 1989, but it was only publicly released in 1991. The Python Software Foundation continues to develop Python, and the official Python website is (python.org).
What exactly is Python?
Python is a general-purpose programming language, which means it can be used to write software in a wide range of application domains.
Key features of Python Language
Open Source language
As python is a open source language. It can be used for any purpose. Also the source code of python is available.
Supports Object-Oriented structure
Python is an object-oriented programming language that supports the concepts of classes and objects.
Simple to Understand and Apply
Python is a simple language to learn and use. It’s a high-level programming language that’s friendly to developers.
Cross Platform Language support
Python can run on a variety of platforms, including Windows, Linux, Unix, and Macintosh. As a result, we can call Python a portable language.
Integration with other language
It’s simple to integrate with languages like Node, JS, C, C++, JAVA, and others.
Note that Python has many other features as well, but I only mentioned the most important ones here.
Python other alterative implementation
Python comes with a number of different implementations:
CPython: CPython is the Python programming language’s default implementation. CPython is a Python interpreter written in the C programming language.
IronPython: IronPython is a Python interpreter (Python running on .NET). This is used in .NET.
Jython: Python can also connect with JAVA. JPython is used to run over the java virtrual machine.
PyPy: A fast Python implementation with a JIT compiler. which can be used for many other integrations like .NET, Node js etc.
Python without stacks: Branch of CPython that has capability to support micro-threads.
Anaconda Python: Python is also most commonly used in scientific purposes. Anaconda is a free, open-source and common distribution of the Python and R programming languages for scientific computing.
Applications of Python
There are so many applications of python.
1. Python is commonly used in data science.
2. Desktop applications can be created
3. Python can develop websites . checkout some live examples (https://www.botreetechnologies.com/blog/top-15-websites-built-with-python/)
Python Environment Setup
Lets setup python environment under 3 steps.
To run a python code on our machine. we need to have a python environment installed. below are the steps using that we can setup the python environment easily.
Step 1: Download the Python as per your OS from python official website (python.org).
Step 2: Install the python installer and set up the environment path. Generally the environment path for latest python setups are done automatically.
Step 3: We are ready to run our python code from IDLE, Command line or any other IDE.
Drawbacks of Python Language
1. Python is not much good for mobile apps and gaming. Even python has some frameworks that can do same stuff for you but those are not much efficient and not easy to do.
2. Python is slower than C,C++ or JAVA as it has the interpreter. whereas in other language they use compiler to compile the source code.
3. Python database access layer is still under developed. It doesnt mean we can’t develop websites. But it takes alot of time to create big applications and developer needs to do alot of work from the security, efficiency and many other perspective.
4. Python is a dynamically typed language. The data type of a variable can be changed at a run time. so if a variable contains the integer value now then it can also store string value in future which might contain the runtime errors in production.
End of Blog
I hope this information regarding Python will be useful to you guys, be connected with us for more info like this on python.
Do you love how we teach and looking for learning with us ?
Let’s have a quick connect from below details
Call or WhatsApp : +91 888–387–8884
Happy Reading!! Keep growing with wakeupcoders Team.